*What is FM Global?
- Excellent ignition and fire spread resistances
TAKIRON FM plate is hard to ignite, and if ignited, it does not easily presily permit fire to spread.
- A small amount of smoke is generated, if ignited
TAKIRON FM plate generates a smaller amount of smoke than other plastics. when
a fire breaks out.
- Excellent workability
TAKIRON FM plate displays excellent workability, welding, bonding, and heat bending,
which is nearly equal to that of conventional plates.
- Excellent chemical resistance
TAKIRON FM plate displays chemical resistance against various acids and alkalis, which is nearly equal to that of conventional plates for industry.
Transparent products may be affected by the solvent environment or surface-active agents to a greater extent than opaque products.Check on working conditions prior to actual application.
FM Global is a corporation which consists of the two organizations shown below.
*What are FM4910 standards?
- FM Insurance Company, Ltd (a mutual insurance company of the American Industry Association)
- FM Approvals (a non-profit private organization which researches, tests, and approves material/equipment/systems for fire prevention and safety work)
FM4910 is a flame retardancy standard for materials used in clean rooms to prevent fire, set by FM Global (issued in October 1997).
|FM approval label|
The following two criteria are used to evaluate flame retardancy. FM4910 conforming products shall meet the numerical criterion of each index.
(1)FPI(Fire Propagation Index)≤6
(2)SDI(Smoke Damage Index)≤0.4